About The Project
Capacity Building in IT and Digital Services (Including Digital Payments and GST) for State Govt Officials in NER
The course comprises of modules on Computer Concepts (CCC- Course on Computer Concepts),a course on Digital Literacy with additional modules on, Digital Payment, GST Training and e-Governance Services. It consists of 98 hours of course curriculum delivered over a 7 hour schedule daily for 14 days comprising of theory and practical classes.
Course on Computer Concepts will aim to provide the participants with an understanding of digital instruments needed regularly in official work such as word, excel, power-point, email and internet browsing.
The Digital Payments module will cover understanding of USSD, UPI, e-wallet, AEPS, Card, PoS, internet banking and online transactions. As the thrust of the Government on promoting cashless transactions through mobile phones is increasing, the course will provide hands-on experiences through DIY (Do it yourself) to carry out cashless transactions using digital financial tools. Cyber safety measures will form an important element of the training program.
The GST Skills Training module will cover important elements ensuring complete understanding and ease in use of GST; such as GST Registration, migration of existing tax payer, transition to GST, log in and other details, personalisation, uploading credentials and business details, filing returns, penalties, appeals etc.
- To enhance the IT skills of fifty thousand state govt officials of NER by providing them with digital skills viz; digital literacy, digital payments, e- governance services and GST training
- To facilitate adoption as well as regular use of IT and Digital Services as a way of life, and especially in official work.
The project will be implemented through the NIELIT network in NER comprising of NIELIT’s own centres which are operational in each state capital and major cities and a network of other centres classified as NIELIT extension centres, NIELIT accreditation centres and NIELIT facilitation centres. In total NIELIT has a network of 571 centres in NE Region. It will be NIELIT’s endeavour to conduct maximum trainings at NIELIT’s own centres/extension centres.
Details of NIELIT’s own and extension centres are as under:
|S. No||State||Number of NIELIT’s own centres||Locations|
|1||Arunachal Pradesh||3||Itanagar, Tezu and Pasighat|
|2||Assam||6||Guwahati, Dibrugarh, Jorhat, Tezpur, Silchar, Kokrajhar|
|3||Manipur||3||Imphal, Churachandpur, and Senapati|
|4||Meghalaya||2||Shillong and Tura|
|6||Nagaland||2 + 4 Centres on project mode for IT for Masses||Kohima, Chuchumliyang|
The total project duration is 3 years (36 months). The total budget outlay of the project is Rs. 38.96 crores (Rupees Thirty eight crores, ninety six lakhs, eighty two thousand two hundred and fifty sixty only) payable over a period of 3 years for the training of 50,000 state govt employees.
- The main stakeholders of the project are :
- A Project PMU comprising of 7 members (Project Coordinator-1, Assistant Coordinators-2, Technical Assistants-3, & Multitasking Staff-1) will be set up at NIELIT HQs which will be responsible for on ground coordination, implementation, periodic reports, MIS, invoicing and receivables.
- The centre directors of NIELIT centres in each state will be responsible for coordinating with various departments, mobilisation of trainees, training classes, trainers and finally certification of successful candidates.
- The state will depute a nodal officer to coordinate with each district and state department to mobilise requisite trainees.
|S. No.||Training Module||Duration(in hours)|
|1.||Course on Computer Concepts (CCC) with Financial Services||80|
|5.||Customised Soft Skills Training||02|
(A) Course on Computer Concepts (CCC) – 80 hours
The course is designed to equip a person to use computers for professional as well as day to day use. It provides theoretical background as well as in depth knowledge of Software/ packages. After completing the course the incumbent will be digitally literate and will be able to:
- Acquire confidence in using computer techniques available to users;
- Recognise the basic components of computers and terminology;
- Understand data, information and file management;
- Create documents using Word processor, Spread sheet & Presentation Software;
- Understand computer networks, and browse the internet, content search, email and collaborate with peers;
- Use e-governance applications; and use computer to improve existing skills and learn new skills
- Use internet for digital financial services
The module on financial literacy will enable the individuals to understand the various financial services and be aware of the various schemes of Government of India.
|S. No||Chapter||Theory Hours||Tutorial Hours||Practical Hours|
|1.||Introduction to computer||2||1||4|
|2.||Introduction to GUI Based Operating System||3||-||8|
|3.||Elements of Word Processing||3.5||2||9|
|5.||Introduction to Internet, WWW and web browsers||6||-||8|
|6.||Communication and Collaboration||2||-||2|
|7.||Application of presentations||4||-||8|
|8.||Application of Digital Financial Services||1||-||1|
As the thrust of the Government is on promoting cashless transactions through mobile phones, the course content would have emphasis on to carry out cashless transactions using digital financial tools:
e-Gov Citizen Centric Services
SECTION-I (Basic Digital Literacy and Financial Inclusion)
Introduction to Computers
Introduction to Internet
SECTION-II (GST Guide and Know-Hows)
(A) Introduction to GST
Know Hows of GST Portal
Know Hows of GST Portal
SECTION-III (Securing Digital & Online Transactions)
(A) Cyber Safety
(B) Using Internet Safely:
|1.||Customised Soft Skills Training||02|
|Total Target: 50000|
|Sr. No.||State||No. of Districts||Target||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Total|